Gerard at work on Kwan Yin
Henderson’s large fresco of one of the most beloved of all Buddhist divinities, The Goddess Kwan Yin and Her five Attendants, is almost 14 feet in height. She stands with one hand raised holding a red lotus to attain rebirth in heaven, the other pointing downwards in the attitude of benediction.
“Kwan Yin will be there for everyone to see and to pay their respects,” says the artist. “My ultimate dream is that my paintings not only have aesthetic value but also work miracles, like icons. So that people can pray for blessings and receive them, and their children have health and peace in this age of anxiety and turmoil. My aim is to bring joy and beauty and restore a sense of wonder to all mankind.”
Click below to see more on the indicated murals...
Murals & Reliefs
- Lippo Centre Murals, Hong Kong
- Lippo Centre West Mural, Hong Kong
- Lippo Centre East Mural, Hong Kong
- Kwan Yin Mural
- Hotel Intercontinental, Manila
- Sculptural Reliefs, Singapore Hilton
- Riders of the World
- Singapore River Mural
- Sky Club – Now at Tucker’s Point Bermuda
- Mandarin Hotel Murals, Hong Kong
- Stained Glass Windows