Sculptural Reliefs, Singapore Hilton
Gerard’s sculptural reliefs for the Singapore Hilton, completed in 1969, covering 5,380 square feet. In creating these reliefs, Gerard used ancient symbolic signs, such as the tumpal motifs, highly stylized tjilih figures, wayang topeng masks, Indo-Malay high chief’s knives, Singa (lion) faces, mythical animal faces, etc. to create meaningful Malaysian shapes in a semi-abstract manner.
Click below to see more on the indicated murals...
Murals & Reliefs
- Lippo Centre Murals, Hong Kong
- Lippo Centre West Mural, Hong Kong
- Lippo Centre East Mural, Hong Kong
- Kwan Yin Mural
- Hotel Intercontinental, Manila
- Sculptural Reliefs, Singapore Hilton
- Riders of the World
- Singapore River Mural
- Sky Club – Now at Tucker’s Point Bermuda
- Mandarin Hotel Murals, Hong Kong
- Stained Glass Windows